Customs control on exhibits for the 29th Uganda International Trade Fair (UGITF) 3rd-10th October 2023
- Goods for exhibition are to be entered at a point entry including Entebbe International Airport as temporary imports on cargo receipt.
- Carriers of the goods shall not be required to travel in the normal convoy, but the goods shall be accompanied by a copy to the cargo receipt and long sheet.
- These goods shall proceed direct to the show grounds where they will be received by customs officer and entered into the register according to the exhibitor and customs agent.
- Goods for exhibition which may form part of a groupage shall be entered to an RTCD form at the point of entry and directed to Nakawa terminal from where it will be released for the show ground on a cargo receipt.
- At the end of the Trade fair the customs officials shall reconcile the goods and ensure accountability for tax purpose.
- The goods may be-exported after the fair again using cargo receipt and on providing customs escort to the exit point or they may be entered for warehouse and subsequent payment of taxes upon being ex-ware housed.
- Consumable stores e.g. beverages and give away samples shall be permitted free of duty up to a value of US$ 100 for each exhibitor.
Exhibits should be consigned in the name of the exhibitor c/o Uganda Manufacturers Association and addressed as follows;
Name of Exhibitor.
C/O Uganda Manufacturers Association
Uganda International Trade Fair.
P.O.Box 6966 Kampala Uganda